ORCA Society’s purposes are:
- To provide support services to victims of child abuse through the operation of a Children’s Advocacy Centre.
- To provide community education and awareness programs about the prevention, recognition and reporting of child abuse.
The mission of the ORCA Children’s Advocacy Centre Society is to improve the community's response to child abuse and neglect, to minimize trauma to children, youth and their families and to model, promote, and deliver excellence in child abuse response and prevention through service, education, and leadership.
- · Children and youth who are victims of sexual and physical abuse are supported in a manner that prevents further trauma and promotes healing and self-worth.
- · Children and youth who are victims of sexual and physical abuse have advocates and resources provided to them.
- · Children and youth who are victims of sexual and physical abuse are able to get the help they need when they need it.
- · All involved agencies use ORCA Children’s Advocacy Centre and work together harmoniously for the sake of the children we serve.
- · Child abuse in our community is reduced.